Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why Now???

Why now have I decided to share this part of the experience with others?  For so long I felt that how Chad and I were able to afford adoption was only our business.  Nobody had ever asked me how much it cost to give birth to Sadie, or if our insurance covered the birth,  so why do people care how much it cost to bring our Nolen home.  Over that past six months I have learned of so many people who are interested in adoption but just can't move past the sticker shock.  Unless you are one of those celebrities who are making international adoption the thing to do adoption is a large financial hurdle.  I hope many of you find this encouraging and proof that you can afford an adoption.  The only thing it takes is faith in our God.  Along this journey I will share with you many of the verses that guided through the process.  The first is Phillipians 4:19
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  
Through out the process God taught our family numerous things.  I would recommend to those of you who are entering or who are in the process of adoption to journal what you have learned and how God has provided for you.  These post will be revisions of my personal notes to myself during this journey.  Reviewing my notes from our journey to bring Nolen home is an important process for my family right now.  Once again we are feeling God is calling us to expand our family.  To our friends and family, no this is not an official announcement, we are in the beginning prayer stages.  However, remembering how the Lord took care of us on our first adoption will be encouraging for our future expansion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment