Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Now?

Over the last few days our family has been asked more questions than I can answer about the journey we are about to embark on.  I apologize if I have not been able to directly respond and answer each individual question.  Things have been a bit busy.  We are trying to complete about 4 months worth of paperwork in two weeks.  This has been made easier by the fact that we already had some of it leftover from Nolen's adoption.  One of the questions that we are getting is "Whats the rush?"  The rush on bringing the girls home is because everyday it takes me to complete paperwork is a day my daughters live in an orphanage.  It is a day they go without a hug and without an I love you.  One of my prayers everyday is that God would give them a hug today and let them know that they are loved.
The process for this adoption is much different than when we went to Russia.  When we went to get Nolen we knew nothing.  This time we know a little bit about the girls and are waiting impatiently everyday on the mailman to deliver a photograph.  I can't share much of this information with you but I can tell you they are 1.5 years old and are identical twins.  We are expecting to travel to Uganda sometime in the next 3 to 6 months.  Our best estimate is May or June.  We will be gone for four to six weeks.  Because we will be gone for so long we are planning on taking Sadie and Nolen.  We are also very grateful that Chad's mother, Nancy will also be accompanying us.  This will be quite the adventure.  The trip back from Africa with 4 toddlers should be especially memorable (bring on the benadryl).
What do we need?  The main thing we need right now is prayer warriors.  This process is one riddled with unknowns and we need every prayer you can send.  Over the next few weeks we will be compiling a list of things we will need to take with us traveling and things needed once we get home.  I will then be able to better tell you what would be the best help for us, I just can't process this information right now.  For those of you who know me, I am not an organized person.  All the paperwork we have acquired in the last week is definitely testing my organizing skills.
I know this leaves a lot of questions unanswered.  We just don't know much more.  We are flying by Faith on this one.  Our family has faith that our God will provide for us during this time.  The book of James has been where I have been studying lately.  It is where Chad and I searched when faced with this decision.  Throughout this we will be sharing with you the verses that are guiding us.
James 2:17-18: "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, ‘You have faith; I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.”

3 comments:

  1. Susan and I will be FERVENTLY praying for all of your (y'all's) safety, and for many blessings and favor with the whole process..!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I keep bugging you with questions :) Thanks for posting the blog, I didn't realize how much paperwork you have to do in such a little timeframe for this adoption. And how amazing it will be that sadie and nolan will be joining you to bring home the twins! So excited for you guys and I'll be praying for your whole family - here and in Uganda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help y'all get ready for your journey!!
    I will be in touch with Nancy and she can let me know if I can help out in any way.. I am so excited for all of you.. I know God will make this an easy and exciting journey..not to say there may not be some kinks and curves along the way.. but then again that's what makes it's God's Life Journey :D How blessed these 2 little girls are to join the Stewart Family !!

    ReplyDelete