Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Gracious Receiving

It is crazy to think that receiving is something that we have had to learn.  Thanks to our wonderful parents Chad and I have been taught that it is better to give than receive.  We have throughly enjoyed getting to give to others throughout our marriage.  One of the things we have learned is how amazing it is to give.  When God tells you to help someone and you obey, it is wonderful.  Like I have said in the past, there is no greater way to worship than to obey.  God has taught me this lesson many times and it is one that we will always be learning.  It is difficult to understand just how much Jesus gave for us.  He gave me life, how can I ever repay him.  The truth is I can't and I am not expected too.
Over the past few weeks, God has been trying to teach me to be a gracious receiver and I am failing big time.  Why is this so hard?  Our family has been so blessed by our amazing friends and family.  Almost everyday someone asks "How can we help?"  We have been receiving encouraging cards and packages in the mail.  To you we send our greatest gratitude.
I must apologize to those of you who have offered to help and to whom I have not been such a gracious receiver.  Receiving the amazing help that has been offered to us has been a humbling experience.  I need to learn to accept this.  I promise to work on this for those of you who are wanting to assist us in this process.  God has made me aware that by denying you the ability to help us is denying you the ability to worship and obey God.  And for that I am truly sorry.
For those of you who are wanting to know what you can do, you can pray.  Please pray for God speed for the process.  We are currently waiting on paperwork in Uganda.  Our prayer is for this to be processed in a timely manner.  For everyday that it takes to do paperwork is one day my girls are in an orphanage, one day they go hungry, and one day they want for love.  There are a few physical needs our family has.  I have posted a list of some of these in the left column of the blog.  Next week we will be launching our t-shirt fundraiser to help us bring our girls home.
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. ...   Philippians 2:3-11

No comments:

Post a Comment