Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Whats in a name?


Many of people have been asking "What are you going to name the girls?"   We have decided to name the girls Hadley and Liana.  Their middle names will be their African names but I can't post that on the blog until after the adoption is complete.  I hope changing their names does not confuse them.  Often God changed people's names in the Bible to give them a new identity.  He changed Sarah, Abraham, and Paul's name to mark the start of a new part of their lives.  We are marking the change in our daughter's lives by giving them new names.
I am so excited to be able to begin preparing to bring the girls home.  I can't wait until Chad makes their names to go on their bedroom wall (I will post photos as soon as this is done).  I enjoyed getting to purchase the necklaces for them, these are the first items I have bought for them.  Hopefully they will help us all tell them apart.
Thank you so much to you who have participated in the flowers for Jinja project.  You can keep updated on that project by clicking on the tab at the top of the posts.  To encourage participation in the project we are going to be offering a giveaway.  Someone has donated a $25 Bath and Body Works gift card to be given away.  For every flower that has been purchased or will be purchased you will be entered into a drawing for the gift card.  The drawing will occur on April 9th after the flowers for Jinja project has ended.  Please keep me busy making flowers.  I am looking forward to praying over the little girls they will bless while I make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment