Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Why We Obey

I hope you know this by now but just in case you did not my family and I are evangelical Christians.  We believe in salvation through faith in Jesus.  We have recently been studying Galatians on Sunday mornings with our church family.  Studying this book caused me to look at the motives for why I do what I do.  This time of reflections has led me to ask why are we adopting?  I have said and still believe that we are expanding our family through adoption because that is what God has planned for us.  We feel like the greatest act of worship we have is to obey Him.  But why do we obey Him?
Our faith guides our life.  Chad and I do not believe that adoption is a good work that will lead to our salvation.  We know that we are already saved from our sins because of our faith in Jesus.  Our obedience follows our salvation.  We are obedient because we love Him.  I hope this provides some insight into why are family seems a bit different.  Well, probably a lot different.  We have chosen to live our life following Jesus and His plan for us.  This path seems crazy and unconventional but it is the only path for us.
Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of men or of God?  Or am I trying to please men?  If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment