Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yard Sale Success!!

This weekend we had our yard sale.  I must say it was a huge success.  I never knew how much work a yard sale was but oh my it was a lot.  We were all exhausted when it was over with.  Thank you so much to Nancy and Heather for helping with the sale.  I also send my thanks to all of those who donated items for us to sale.
I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of our community.  We had approximately a dozen families from the area that also have adopted children that came by to show their support.  Many of them whom we have never met donated items for us to sale.  It was a wonderful way to connect with families in Spring Hill.  I had someone I have never seen before make donations to the yard sale and pray over my family.  Throughout the sale I found myself overwhelmed by how awesome is our God.  On Friday by noon we had sold approximately half of the items we had.  A truck pulled up and asked if they could bring some things to the sale.  This family donated two truck loads to our sale.  Every time it felt like we were getting low on things to sale  we would have more donations.  God really provided for us this weekend.  We raised $935 dollars for our adoption.  Amazing.
Toward the end of the sale on Saturday we found out about another adoption yard sale next weekend for another family in the area.  We will be collecting the few items we did not sale and taking them to this yard sale.  Hopefully they can bless another family.
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.  Phil. 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment