Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

First Sunday in Uganda

Yesterday morning during breakfast the chef here asked the families if we would attend church with her.  So for some crazy reason I decided to haul my crew to church.  It was a Christian church.  This was definitely an experience to remember and I look forward to returning next week.  The service was given in Lugandan and in English.  It was hard for me to understand the message but the songs I knew.  We sang This is the Day Which the Lord has Made  and  Are God is an Awesome God.  We stayed a little over an hour but were told the service lasted around 3 hours.  Sadie clung to me during the service and cried anytime I tried to put her down.  The chef, Evalynn, held L and a nice lady that sat behind us held H.  The girls were well behaved for most of the time.  I also had the opportunity to hand the first of the headbands out at church.  The little girls were so proud of their new hairbows.
Last night I cooked Krafts macaroni and cheese for dinner.  The 3 girls ate 2 whole boxes and L licked her plate clean.  Mac n Cheese was a big hit.
I am so grateful to the other families here who have helped me out with the girls.  Evalynn who works at the guest house has also been a great help.  Last night I was having a difficult getting the girls to bed because L was a bit wild.  S and H were tired but couldn't fall asleep because of the commotion.  Evalynn came took L to the kitchen with her so I could get the others to sleep. 
Today I am doing laundry.  Exciting I know.  Since I did not know I was getting the girls yet I did not pack clothes for them.  I brought one dress for each of them.  They have been wearing S's dresses and her pullups.  I also did not bring any toys or medicine for them.  I am definitely winging it.

No comments:

Post a Comment