Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

No Words

I have been trying to come up with the words to help you understand what is going on over the past few days.  I have written and deleted many drafts of blog posts.  The truth is, I just can't come up with a good way to describe the week.
This week I feel like I have experienced every emotion possible.  I have had the extreme joys of meeting my children to the deepest lows of seeing other children eating trash.  My heart breaks for the people here, yet everyday they are so gracious and giving to me.  This week I have had many struggles, food issues, not much sleep, and major change of plans.  The one thing that I seem to come back to is how blessed my family is.  These little girls have truely blessed Sadie and I this week.  I feel blessed to get to come on this adventure to the other side of the world and learn just how fortunate I really am.  I am blessed to have met the other adopting families and the staff at the apartment. 
I recently heard news that Chad, Nolen, and Nancy will be here in a few days.  I am so relieved to get some reinforcements.  Chad was not supposed to be here for about another week.  But the Lord knew what I needed.  Matthew 6:8 ". . . The Father knows what you need before you ask him."

When I look at my daughter I can't help but think of James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting.

1 comment: