Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Reinforcements

Last week my "reinforcements," as my mother would say arrived.  I picked Heather up from the airport shortly after midnight on Thursday morning.  I was so excited to see her and can't wait to get to share this country I have grown to love with her.
Heather brought with her many surprises for me.  In her suitcases were the various items I had requested such as vitamins, a few toiletries, snacks, and new shoes for the girls.  Thank you so much to all of you who helped gather these items for me.  I do not know all who helped with this so I am just going to say one big THANK YOU.  It is funny how after three months in Africa the sight of new deodorant and a new toothbrush can get you excited. But it can.
I also had several surprises in her bags.  Thursday morning at around 2 am I enjoyed a homemade mini pecan pie and a "knock you naked" brownie.  Thank you so much to Misti and Mary Bea for baking these for me.  I have been thoroughly enjoying them and am trying to make them last as long as possible.
Also in Heather's suitcases were 26 pairs of shoes.  Not shoes for my girls but shoes to be given away.  I think every extra square inch of her luggage was crammed with shoes.  It has been such a blessing to get to give these shoes to children who do not have any.  Today Heather and I were walking and we passed by the little girl who a few weeks ago I gave Liana shoes to.  The lady immediately recognized us and once again gave many thanks.  This Christmas is definitely going to be a lesson in giving and not receiving.  And Heather and I are going to be the ones truely blessed.
She also brought with her some new books and crafts for me to do.  I have been enjoying a few new cross stitching projects and when they are done I will proudly show off my work.  I was also excited for new books to read and an e-reader loaded with books.

Thank you so much for everyone who helped load up Heather's suitcases.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blessings! You deserve them! Merry Christmas, Holly...

    ReplyDelete