Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Many Words of Encouragment and Some Not So Much

While being chosen and blessed to be “stuck” in Uganda I have had more emails and facebook messages than I can count. Most of them are words of encouragement. Many of them also include Bible verses to lift me up on my not so great days. These messages are invaluable, priceless as a mastercard commercial would say. It is amazing how an encouraging word can come just when you need it and when you least expect it. However, I was shocked at the not so encouraging messages I have received. I have actually been sent some forms of hate mail, messages not meant to lift me up, not meant to encourage me. I always thought that if Satan was taking the time to attack me that I must be doing something that he did not like. I like to look at my not nice messages as confirmation that I must be doing something right. Oddly enough these not so nice messages are the ones that motivate me. The ones that light a fire under me, get me going, praying, and writing.

During the beginning of my fourth month in Africa I received a message from someone very close to me stating that many people at home in America were “worried that we would move to Africa.” When I think about the “what if” senario I can’t understand why anyone would worry, and even more so I realize that I should not care what others will think if I’m doing what I’m been called to do. I think I care because I want people to understand our family and my passion.
“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

2 comments:

  1. I personally do not know how you do it. Where you find your strength. How you are not angry with the Uganda government for holding up your continuance.
    I wish you peace. And I wish your family love. Your children will know you love them, because of the sacrifices you and your husband have made for them all.
    In the end, that's really all that matters.
    God bless.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. If God moves you to Africa, amen. If God brings you back to the states to fill your home to the brim with orphaned children, amen. If God makes your work easy, amen. If He makes it grueling, amen.

    Praying for you, Holly. Love, love this post.

    ReplyDelete